Eligibility : Graduation (Any Stream) or eq. with minimum 50% or eq. grade. 5% relaxation for APST/ST/SC/OBC/PW Candidates.
* The programme is approved by Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI). On completion of programme the candidate are eligible for registration with Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI).
* The title of the programme is approved u/s 22 of University Grants Commission (UGC) Act 1956.
The B.Ed. Special Education programmes namely B.Ed. Special Education (Visual Impairment) and B.Ed. Special Education (Hearing Impairment) are useful for educating and developing professional competencies in disabled group of learners. The following are the objectives to introduce the programmes:
- To perceive the so called 'disabled' as 'differently abled' and develop in them the confidence about their potentialities,abilities and usefulness to serve the society with a sense of freedom, self-respect and dignity.
- To develop professional competencies to educate the disabled group of learners.
- To know and understand various methods and approaches of organizing learning experiences of special groups of learners in disability area in inclusive/integrated/special education set up.
- To develop competencies for selection and organization of learning experiences.
- To understand the nature of children and their learning process.
- To develop competencies to deal with the academic and personal problems of the special learners.
- To know and understand the various methods and techniques of evaluation and their applications.
- To develop competencies for selection development and use of evaluation tools.
- To develop competencies to organize various extracurricular activities.
- To know, understand and develop the ability to manage a normal, special or inclusive school.
- To develop competencies for organizing various instructional and student support activities.