A student shall be required to maintain minimum attendance of 75% in the aggregate of all the courses taken together in a semester / year.
All the students enrolled with the university are required to follow the code of conduct, decided by the management of the university from time to time.
Student who has been detained due to shortage of attendance shall not be allowed to be promoted to the next semester and he/she will be required to take re-admission and repeat all courses of the said semester with the next batch of students.
Dean of the Faculty concerned shall announce the names of all such students who are not eligible to appear in the semester-end examination, at least 4 calendar days before the start of the semester-end examination and simultaneously intimate the same to the Controller of Examinations. In case any student appears by default, who in fact has been detained by the Faculty, his / her result shall be treated as null and void.”
The students are advised to ensure that they meet the minimum attendance requirement for appearing in the semester end examination failing which they shall not be allowed to sit in the examination. Students are also advised to maintain utmost expected discipline in and outside the University Campus. Disturbance of tranquility of the Campus in particular and society in general, through any means shall be treated as an act of indiscipline and suitable disciplinary action shall be taken against the defaulting students. Students are also advised to dress appropriately, while in campus, as per demand of the occasion.
The University has zero tolerance policy for indiscipline in and outside the campus by the students. Drinking, taking drugs, damaging University property, indulging in any kind of violence, misbehaving with fellow students/ teachers, ragging etc. are included in the list of undesirable activities and constitute the moral turpitude. Very strict action including suspension / rustication from the rolls of the University may be taken against the defaulting students.
Students enrolled in the University must recognize their responsibilities towards the faculty, oﬃce staﬀ and fellow students. Failure to maintain appropriate standards of conduct will attract disciplinary action.
The University believes that duty, decorum and discipline are the hallmarks of a good student. Students with such qualities alone can prove to be productive manpower with an appreciable value system. Therefore erring students would be subjected to certain disciplinary code. The following acts, would be deemed to be acts of indiscipline: any overt or covert act leading to ragging and eve teasing, disruption of class room activities or disturbing the studies of other students or marring the operations of the University or its educational activities or harming the health or safety of staﬀ or students or damaging the property or possession of any intoxicants or illicit drugs or weapons in the University campus, misconduct during examination, production of false information or documents for admission purpose and the failure to return loaned materials or settle debts with the Arunachal University of Studies.
Prohibition of Ragging
Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited. If any incident of ragging comes to the notice, the authority would expel him from the University.
The University will not show any leniency to a misbehaving student and would initiate disciplinary action whenever occasion demands. At the time of admission, every student and his/her parent/guardian shall be required to sign a declaration to the eﬀect that he/she submits himself/herself to the disciplinary jurisdiction of the Vice-Chancellor and the other authorities of the University.
All powers relating to discipline among the students are vested with the Vice-Chancellor. The Vice-Chancellor may delegate all or any of his/her powers as he/she deems proper to any of the Oﬃcers of the University specified by him/her. The Vice-Chancellor’s decision shall be final in all matters of discipline of the students.
Specific Rules for Student Discipline
- Students are expected to use only courteous and polite language and behave with decorum with others including the faculty members and the staﬀ.
- Students shall avoid using any insulting, inciting, threatening and explicit language when talking with fellow students and should abstain themselves from violence.
- Students shall not talk or act in any manner that would bring disrepute to the University.
- The students shall be regular and punctual in attending classes and all activities connected with the University. Attendance of 75% compulsory for appearing in the examinations.
- Gathering in groups at roads, entrance, exit and pathways is strictly prohibited.
- The students shall maintain discipline in the class irrespective of the presence or absence of the teachers.
- No student is permitted to leave the classroom during class hours.
- Students should not leave the class or attend it late under the pretext of paying fees, visiting the library etc.
- Students are expected to read notices/circulars displayed on the University Notice Board. Ignorance of not reading any notice/circular thus displayed shall not be accepted as an excuse failing to comply with the directions contained in it.
- All vehicles should be parked in the allotted place. Vehicles found parked in unauthorized places shall be impounded.
- While attending University functions, the students will conduct themselves in such a way as to bring credit to themselves and to the institution.
- Spitting, smoking and littering inside the University campus is strictly prohibited.
- Students are for bidden from entering the University oﬃce and the staﬀ rooms during unspecified hours.
- Students are prohibited from damaging the building or any other property of the University in any way. The cost of any damage shall be recovered from the responsible student(s).
- Representation of complaints and grievances may be made individually to the Director (Admin) through the concerned H.O.D. or Discipline-cum-Grievance / Proctorial Committee.
- No meeting/function of any kind shall be held in the University premises without the written permission of the Vice-Chancellor.
- No notice of any kind shall be circulated among students or displayed on black boards or on notice board without the written permission of the Vice-Chancellor. No information or report should be sent for publication/circulation in any media without the permission and approval of the Vice-Chancellor.
- The University administration will deal strictly with the student(s) who mislead or spread false rumor thereby provoking other students by involving them in undue mob formation & strike.
- The students are expected to take up all assignments, tests and examinations of the University seriously and would try to perform the best in the tests & examinations.
- Misconduct during examination, production of false information or documents for admission purpose and the failure to return loaned materials or fee arrear with the University would be dealt seriously.
- Ragging and Eve Teasing are considered as crime and strictly prohibited by an act promulgated by the Government of Arunachal Pradesh with the penalty of Rs.10,000/- and two years’ imprisonment. If any student indulges in any form of ragging or Eve-Teasing inside the University campus, hostels or outside, he/she will be summarily expelled from the University.
- Each student of this University must possess Student Identity Card with his/her photograph aﬃxed on it, duly attested by the competent authority. The students must compulsorily wear the Student Identity Card inside the University Campus.
- Students shall come clean, tidy and modestly dressed in University uniform. Students not wearing uniform would be marked as absent for that particular day. If non-adherence to this rule is reported against a student often, severe action may be initiated against him/her.
- Use of mobile phones in the Lecture Halls, laboratories & oﬃces of the University is strictly prohibited. Violation of this rule by any student would result in impounding of the mobile phone and strict disciplinary action will be taken against the student.
- Students should not involve themselves either directly or indirectly in any form of politics either inside or outside the University during their period of study. If a student fails to comply with this regulation, strict disciplinary action will be initiated against the student which may even result in the rustication of the student from the University.
- Students should attend all classes regularly and punctually.
- Students must be punctual to each lecture hour. Students coming late to the class by more than five minutes will not be given attendance for that period.
- Although the University prescribes a minimum of 75% of attendance, the University insists on regular attendance in all classes. Students are eligible for scholarships only when they earn more than 90% of attendance.
- A student with less than 75% of attendance will not be eligible to write the Semester Examinations of the University.
- Students are not permitted to absent themselves without prior permission.
- An application for leave must be submitted in the prescribed form well in advance or at least a day before the leave is required.
- When absence without prior permission is unavoidable the leave application must be submitted on the day of return to the University after the leave period.
- Absence without leave for even a part of the day will be counted as absence for one day.
- Students without Identity Card & proper Uniform will be marked absent.
- If a student absents himself/herself for three consecutive days without leave his/her name will be removed from the rolls.
- Removal of the names from the rolls shall entail forfeiture of attendance till the date of re-admission.
- In case of any violation of rules and regulations by the student, action initiated against the student may include a warning or a reprimand, awarding a fail mark for an assignment or course, suspension or expulsion from a particular class or from the University, withholding of oﬃcial documents, withdrawal of campus privileges and any other action which the University authorities deem appropriate at that time.
- The Library is open to all the Students, Faculty and Staff of the University.
- Readers are not allowed to enter the library with their personal belongings.
- Readers are prohibited from engaging in any activity which may disturb or distract the attention of other readers and will result in severe disciplinary action.
- No reader shall write upon, damage or make marks on any library book. Each student of the University will be issued two tickets. A book will be lent to a reader only in exchange of one of his/her tickets which will be returned back to the reader when he/she returns the book.
- Date label and book pockets shall not be tampered with. Serious notice will be taken on any violation of this rule.
- Library tickets are not transferable. A reader who misses a ticket shall follow the stipulated process including remittance of Rs.100 as a ne to get another Ticket. In case he/she happens to get the ticket at a later date, the reader should return the same immediately.
- A reader who fails to return a book on the due date will be charged a sum of Rs. 10 per day as ne till he/she returns the book. Such a reader will not be allowed to use the library till the book is returned and ne paid.
- At the end of each semester before receiving the Admit card, the student should return all the books to the library. Without a clearance certificate (NO DUE) to this eﬀect from the Librarian, the University will not permit a student to write the End Semester Examination.
- The Provisional / Diploma and Certificate shall be issued to the students only after they return all the books and remit dues outstanding against them.
- A book may be renewed for a further period of a fortnight provided: (a) No other reader has applied for the book in the meantime and (b) not more than two consecutive renewals may be made for the same book.
- Inthecase of books for which there is an exceptional demand, the period of loan may be reduced to fifteen days.
- The Librarian in exigencies may recall any book at any time even if the normal period of loan has not expired and readers are not allowed to sub-lend the books of the Library.
- Dictionaries and books which might be diﬃcult to replace and such other books declared as Reference Books shall not be issued.
- Readers shall be responsible for any damage done to the books or other property belonging to the Library of the University. If the replacement of the books or other properties is not possible, four times the value of the book/property may be collected from the student concerned.