*The title of the programme is approved u/s 22 of University Grants Commission (UGC) Act 1956.
M. Sc. in Agriculture-Agronomy in a specialized post-graduation degree applicable to be undertaken for completion over a tenure of two years, and composed of 4 distinct semesters. The specialized education trajectory directs its focus upon the study of plants in agriculture, especially towards manifesting genetics and physiology of plants, meteorology and soil science at large. A combination that combines the specific philosophies of humanitarian and scientific natures respectively, it’s actually possible to reflect upon a pretty wide landscape of agricultural outcomes. The differential focus upon the practices and technology in the very processes of agriculture shall result in an agronomist finding the most beneficial and directly applicable solutions.
B.Sc. (Agriculture/ Allied Stream) or eq.
The candidates looking for enrollment and admission into this field must have a Graduate Level certificate of B. Sc. in Agriculture Science with Honors distinction. The passing institution and examination would need to have been recognized under a legitimate registry of Indian colleges/universities.
· Agronomist or crop consultants/experts are the most obvious career trajectories available for the participants of this course.
· Representative of agro-businesses across positions of seeds, fertilizers, chemical or technical experts respectively.
· University educator or lecturer at the Master’s Extension level.
· Researcher in an agro-laboratory or in the actual field of farming.
· Farming process, Ingredient or Technological Expert in the actual work of farming.
· Soil Conservationist across any government or private organization focusing upon land conditions.
· Plant breeding experts for offering hybridized and more beneficial strains of crops.